The Grant Writer is responsible for researching, writing, and submitting grants to foundations and potential sponsors of New Nation Center. This role will ensure all reporting and follow up is completed per grant awards processes.
Duties of the Position:
· Interact and communicate with the Executive Director and Director of Administration on a regular basis
· Conduct research through online directories, funder websites, and filed 990s to identify foundations and private or public funding agencies best matched with our program’s mission
· Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations that communicate the organization’s mission and programs
· Write cover letters, letters of inquiry and intent to foundations and corporate sponsors, acknowledgement letters and funding reports with Executive Director and Director of Administration.
· Interpret, assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations with support of Executive Director and Director of Administration.
· Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with Executive Director and Director of Administration.
· Collect, analyze and report data on the performance of funded programs with support from the VP of Programming and Foundation staff
· Create, maintain and meet deadlines of grant schedules
Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of an Associate degree or currently in college.
Our Mission at New Nation Youth Center is to equip youth and young adults with the skills needed to live a stable and productive life. Stabilizing communities through social services, education, career development and mentoring.
New Nations Center was created to transform and re-stabilize the lives of youth, young adults and families throughout the North Texas area. Disconnected youth are teenagers and young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 who are neither working nor in school. The youth disconnection rate in greater Dallas is 14.9 percent; approximately 128,000 teens and young adults there are not working or in school. The least connected neighborhoods in the DFW area are Oak Cliff and South Dallas at 25%, Southeast Dallas (Bucker Terrace, Everglade Park, Pleasant Grove) 25.1%, Fair Park and West Dallas 34.4%, while other areas in the DFW have an overall 15.6%. We provide GED prep and Testing, Youth and Young Adults Sports, Career Development and Career Placement, Men's and Women's Support groups and much more.
Children & Youth
Education & Literacy
Sports & Recreation
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.