13 people are interested
Resume Consultant Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Youth Employment Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Resume Consultants assist and mentor youth in a one-on-one setting to improve upon resume building and development.
This opportunity provides YES clients a space to practice the skills they learned from our Employment Skills Workshop. In this space, YES clients learn how to craft a resume and/or how to enhance a resume alongside what a well-crafted resume would entail.
TIME & LOCATION
At this time, we are operating on a hybrid system, offering some opportunities virtually via Zoom and others in-person throughout Orange County, CA.
Opportunities will vary. Each session is coordinated dependent on the client’s needs and availability. Currently, most Resume Consultations are being held virtually.
- Orientation and review of the Resume Consultant Volunteer Packet.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
- Must have knowledge about building an adequate resume.
- Must be willing to work one-on-one with a young adult to deliver a personalized approach to resume mentoring.
- Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
- Dress in business casual attire for Resume Consulting appointments (no jeans or t-shirts).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
About Youth Employment Service
3720 S Susan St Ste 110, Suite 110, COSTA MESA, CA 92627, US
To teach youth and young adults ages 16-24 the skills needed to secure and maintain meaningful employment, and to offer programs that help young people improve their employability, career choices, and quality of life.
At YES, our team of dedicated and passionate volunteers help carry out our mission to empower, build confidence, and prepare our youth and young adults towards independence. They are truly the heart of our organization and make a huge impact in the lives of those we serve.
If you have experience with interviewing, building resumes, or are interested in mentoring and facilitating workshops, please reach out to us. We look forward to welcoming you to our YES family very soon!
Multiple locations Santa Ana, CA 92704
October 5, 2022
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Professional Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- These appointments are dependent on the needs of our clients. There is no set time commitment required.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults and have knowledge about building an adequate resume. Must be willing to work one-on-one as a mentor. Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours in advance to cancel.