39 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: You Call This Yoga
Please visit the new page to apply.
39 people are interested
- Experienced, broad visioned professional who loves to refine/revise a marketing plan and the systems for YCTY’s messaging via website, social media, newsletter and relationships
- Initial review/intake, development of essential goals and strategies to occur with ED and team over first month as a Volunteer (12 hours)
- Prepare for and lead monthly team meetings (after attending one or two)
- Average time commitment likely 4+ hours per week
- Volunteer and stipend of $100 per week after two months
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About You Call This Yoga
7508 Haymarket Lane, Raleigh, NC 27615, US
Enhancing well-being with accessible yoga
Our nonprofit has been serving the Raleigh, NC community since 2010, providing onsite yoga for under-served communities such as veterans, people touched by cancer, addiction, physical challenges and youth. Classes have been at no charge to the participants. We provide stipends for our teachers, who are independent contractors and very passionate about helping people be as well as possible. You Call This Yoga relies on business sponsors, grants and individual donors to fund our healing initiatives. The website and social media channels offer several modes of learning, such as live and pre-recorded classes, practice tips, podcasts, blogs and articles.
Since the pandemic began, our events have been cancelled. We pivoted to online festivals and weekly classes that were at no charge. By being virtual, we have formed relationships with teachers from around the world. The festivals included volunteer teachers as a test for building a base of practitioners that would hopefully utilize our free weekly classes. The teachers of the weekly classes receive stipends, which is the main focus of our fundraising efforts.
We are growing into programs that are connected to social justice, Spanish speaking students and diverse healing practices. You Call This Yoga plans to forge ahead and offer 15 free classes in our weekly Winter 2021 series, and keep enhancing well-being worldwide.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 7, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Market Research
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week minimum
- Some understanding of the benefits of yoga