Virtual Volunteering - Chrysalis Center
Chrysalis Center, Inc.
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
We are excited to announce NEW REMOTE volunteer opportunities for both youth and adults, which will help our clients! Virtual volunteering gives youth under 18 who are not able to volunteer onsite at Chrysalis Center the opportunity to mobilize their passion for helping others and make a difference! It is also great for adults who prefer not to volunteer in person at this time. Below are a few ideas, and we welcome other suggestions:
* Collection drives - organize a collection drive with your neighbors, friends or family! We are in need of food & toiletry items. Check out our list of needed items at www.chrysaliscenterct.org
* Kindness Rocks -grab some friends and paint rocks! Get creative! Fun pictures or words of hope! We will then hide them around our supportive housing sites for our clients and families to find. Finding a rock can make such a difference in someone’s day and can be held onto to and taken out when they need a positive affirmation!
* Birthday Boxes - fill a box or large bag with everything needed to help bring a birthday party to a family who can’t afford one. Fill a box (or bag) with items such as: dry cake mix, candles, party hats, etc. You can even host a drive with friends to collect items or funds to purchase them and then assemble together.
* Relax Bottles - very easy to make with a few ingredients and fill a water bottle or mason jar. They are similar to a snow globe. Watching the glitter fall slowly can be very relaxing. Our clients will LOVE them!
* Butterfly Feeders - create butterfly feeders which we can then install in our outdoor gardens and grounds. They will be a beautiful addition - helping to attract butterflies for pollination and give our clients a chance to experience their beauty.* Kindness Bags
- fill a large zip lock back with toiletries and other essential items for clients who are in need. You can also include a handmade card with words of inspiration. Ideas to fill the bag are: mini toiletry items (toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, mouthwash, comb, soap, etc.), mini Kleenex, small snacks; and optional: socks or gloves.
Contact Nancy Sherman at email@example.com for more information. Items will be dropped off or mailed to Chrysalis Center, Inc., 255 Homestead Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut.
About Chrysalis Center, Inc.
255 Homestead Avenue, Hartford, CT 06132, US
Chrysalis Center’s mission is to provide supportive services to assist people in need to transform their lives.
Chrysalis Center is a private, non-profit, socially innovative, multiservice organization that serves individuals and their families living in the State of Connecticut. Chrysalis Center helps those living in poverty, veterans, men, women, children, and young adults who are struggling with mental health, addiction, HIV/AIDS, homelessness, and those returning from incarceration. Getting help...Getting better...Giving back.