Help families recover after a home fire or disaster
American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Disaster Recovery Volunteers Needed
Provide Follow up and Recovery Planning Services, including referrals, for individuals and households following local disasters - primarily home fires.
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services provided.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Work remotely from comfort of home.
- 2-4 hours per week.
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
**Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer
Questions? Contact Sarah at email@example.com or (608) 347-8791
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.