Grant Writing Intern
Black Fashion Fund
We are looking for a Grant Writing Intern to write grant proposals for The Black Fashion Fund. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and other Board Members
- Collaborating with Director of Development to compile annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Writer Requirements
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- knowledgeable of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
About Black Fashion Fund
2150 West 117th Street #1011, Cleveland, OH 44111, US
At Black Fashion Fund, our goal is to be the guiding force that allows talented individuals to strive in a world that constantly places barriers upon them. We intend to create an experience where underrepresented individuals everywhere can feel educated, inspired, and motivated to pursue whatever their hearts desire. Additionally, we hope to resolute confidence in people of all ages who may feel like they don’t have all the answers. Like a "Best Friend Forever/BFF" would, we are happy to support our people by whatever means necessary. With the help of financial assistance, free educational programs, and more we plan to instill all the qualities that are vital to being successful, well-rounded beings in this ever-changing world. Here at BFF, we promote inclusivity, creativity, transparency, and growth. So whether you’re a student, non-student, graduate, creative, or entrepreneur, it doesn’t matter. Everyone deserves a shot on their paths towards greatness.
We are a startup non-profit looking to grow.