1 person is interested
Drive People and Food Where They Need to Go in the Community Van
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Are you looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people, and travel locally?
Consider becoming a volunteer driver for the Community Van Program. Volunteer commitment is flexible, you decide when to drive!
In partnership with King County Metro, Duvall-Carnation Community Van Program gives riders a low-cost option to carpool to destinations throughout King and Snohomish Counties. The community van is a volunteer-driven ridesharing service, and we based our availability on our volunteer driver’s availability, which is why we are continually recruiting drivers. Community Van has remained available and offering backup support to communities where other transit services have become less available due to COVID-19. Foodbank/food delivery, non-COVID-19 medical appointments, grocery runs, and other essential trips have been the focus of trips during this time. However, we also provide rides to entertainment activities such as, farmers market, sport games, after school programs, etc.
Support your community by helping community members get where they need to go.
- Offering shared rides also reduces traffic and lessens environmental impacts. Our vehicles are equipped with plastic shield to isolate the driver from the passengers to support social distancing protocols.
* Initiate your own trips! This reduces wear and tear on your personal vehicle, plus Metro pays for the gas, insurance, and maintenance.
* Don’t have a personal car or looking for more flexible public transportation? Become an approved Community Van driver to get where you need to go.
* Help a neighbor with accessibility needs get around more frequently or to a greater variety of destinations.
* Support driving retirement and safe transportation for older adults.
- At least 21 years of age
* Current & unrestricted WA State Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience.
* Clean driving record-Metro screens for accidents, violations,insurance history, license suspensions/revocation, & medical.
5 More opportunities with Hopelink1 Review
8990 154th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, US
The mission of Hopelink is to promote self-sufficiency for all members of our community; we help people make lasting change.
Hopelink is the largest private, non-profit, social service agency in north and east King County. Hopelink started in 1971 in Bothell to assist families who had been affected by Boeing lay-offs with job search services. Since then, Hopelink has grown to include six emergency service centers and food banks, and programs in housing, family development, childcare, transportation, and more. In July of 2001, Eastside Literacy became a program of Hopelink, adding Adult Literacy and English as a Second Language services to our programs. Over 2000 Hopelink volunteers help their neighbors work towards lasting change each year.
31957 East Commercial StreetCarnation, WA 98014
March 24, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At least 6 months