Volunteer Language Teachers Needed - Speakers of All Languages are Welcome.
As a Virtual Opportunity, Candidates may Apply from Anywhere. Weekday and Weekend Schedules are Available!
- Teach Your Native or "Like-Native" (subject to testing) Language and Culture to Adults of All Ages - Now Online with Convenient & Flexible Hours
- Gain New Skills in Public Speaking, Group Training, Managing Meetings and Leadership
- Inspire others for Global Careers and Goals, Build Personal Connections with Members of the Community who are Enthusiastic about Learning from You
- Have fun learning Professional Teaching Methods with Executive Training
- Impress Employers with a Reliable Commitment to Professionally-Oriented Volunteering
Please read more information about the Teaching Fellowship here:
As the next step, attend valuable free training with GLN's Executive Director by emailing your resume to Teaching@TheGLN.Org. Please mention that you saw the position on LinkedIn.
Choose from one of the upcoming training sessions:
- Sunday, December 20th 2020, from 10am - 4:55pm EST, Online
- Monday, December 21st 2020 from 10am - 4:55pm EST, Online
- Sunday, December 27th 2020, 10am - 4:55pm EST, Online
Train to begin teaching a minimum of 2 hours per week, one day per week, on a flexible schedule designed for you. GLN's semesters offer you the ability to teach a 12 week or a 6 week class. Begin teaching as soon as early February. GLN's Spring 2021 Semester will be from February to May.
GLN Teaching Fellows have gone onto careers in prestigious international institutions, government, academia, nonprofit organizations and more.
Apply soon, the availability and dates for 2021 New Teacher Training and Teaching Fellowship Admission are limited. For questions, please email Teaching@TheGLN.Org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Global Language Network
1720 I St NW, 7th floor, Washington, DC 20006, US
The Global Language Network (GLN) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded by Andrew Brown in 2005 whose mission is to provide opportunities to learn any language at a minimal cost. We recruit and train native speakers who volunteer their time to teach their language and share their culture with the DC community. Our affordable classes in 62 different languages build learners' communicative competence and enable them to communicate with others in meaningful and culturally appropriate ways.
GLN makes language learning easy, enjoyable and effective: we create a comfortable environment where students have direct experiences with the target language and culture. We engage them and build their competence and confidence to communicate with others in meaningful and appropriate ways.
GLN teaches language through culture and culture through language because by studying languages people gain knowledge and understanding of the cultures that use that language, and in fact, cannot truly master the language until having also mastered the cultural contexts in which the language occurs.
Arts & Culture
Education & Literacy
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
December 18, 2020
Teaching / Instruction
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
2-5 hours per week on a flexible schedule
Must commit reliably to teaching classes that are arranged for your schedule; Must be willing to learn communicative methods for the classroom; Reliable internet connection with Video and Audio Required