Emergencies don't stop and neither does the Red Cross (Grant Co.)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross / Northwest Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are the American Red Cross. Sleeves up. Hearts open. All in.
Home fires and other disasters can occur any time, any place. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you’ll provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. After your initial training, your shifts will include responding to emergencies within 2 hours, night or day, rain or shine, either on the scene or coordinating remotely to provide immediate compassion and care. With experience and further training you can take on leadership and response coordination roles to have a wider impact. At the same time, you’ll be developing skills that you may choose to apply to larger-scale disaster response efforts with the Red Cross.
Many disaster action team volunteers share these life experiences and skills:
- Availability and flexibility for at least 4-6 hours per week
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Disaster response experience
- Can remain calm and patient during stressful situations
71 More opportunities with American Red Cross / Northwest Region
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various locations in Grant Co.Quincy, WA 98848
May 24, 2023
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an on-call position. Self-selected shifts are typically either 12 hours (business hours or after hours) or 24 hours, depending on location. Some rural areas may only need your general availability.