SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
Safe Place Greece is a registered Greek NGO s upporting people belonging to vulnerable groups include, but are not limited to, refugees, migrants, abused women, victims of human trafficking, LGBTQI+ individuals, single-parent families, and religious or cultural minorities.
At SPG, we envision a world where race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, class, and country of origin, no longer separate us.
About The Role: This would be an ideal role for someone who is beginning a Master's and needing an internship as part of their curriculum requirements. The caseworker internship position is open to candidates who are passionate about human rights and supporting asylum seekers & refugees through their application process, and integration process.
- Maintain weekly check-ins with your assigned members, 15 min - 1 hr sessions on average
- Caseload of approximately 15 members
- Facilitate the transfer of information that will enable members to prepare relevant documentation and access specialised care
- Facilitate group meetings for house members on average, once per month
- Attend weekly coordination meetings with other caseworkers and Operations Director
- Prepare weekly case reports and provide recommendations to the Operations Director
- Support and guide residents in their job search and housing search
- Coordinate with translators and cultural mediators as necessary
- Collaborate on data collection and mapping of structures and services for the target population
- Ensure the confidentiality of all information of the members
- Promote long-term strategy and problem/conflict resolution
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or Farsi preferred
- Preferably located in Greece. Remote positions may be considered.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations is advantageous
- Cultural sensitivity, tolerance, and patience
- Interested and aligned with SPG’s mission
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals who set out to change the world
- Flexible schedule
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions and languages
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the refugee community and it’s individuals
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities, while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
SPI was created in response to an unmet need. Countless refugees in Greece are left without safe shelter and basic services like food and guidance for their future. The most vulnerable groups of these refugees, the LGBTQI+ community and single, pregnant women are widely ignored and face added struggles and dangers. SPI’s mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.