Dress for Success Albuquerque (InspireEmpowerNM)
To promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Computer Skills
- Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Scheduling and Coordination
- Recruit, select, train, and coordinate volunteers.
- Attend monthly Advisory Board Meetings via Google Meet.
- Communicate details of our program to prospective volunteers.
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers' performance.
- Ability to execute a supportive and sensitive approach to volunteer needs.
- Plan and conduct volunteer support meetings and volunteer appreciation gatherings.
- Facilitate community awareness and support of DFS ABQ volunteer program.
- Recruit, maintain and retain qualified volunteers.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage large teams.
- Schedule, conduct and assess volunteers during interviews to find the right position that fits their skills in coordination with our current needs.
- Schedule volunteers for donation drop offs, sorting, suting, and events, as needed.
About Dress for Success Albuquerque (InspireEmpowerNM)
10000 Coors Bypass NW,, Albuquerque, NM 87114, US
The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
The women we serve: Are primarily single mothers (70%), raising an average of 2-3 children, are representative of all ethnicities and races, range in age from 18-60 and lived under the poverty level prior to receiving Dress for Success’s services. How we work: Dress for Success provides each woman with a business suit when she has a job interview. She returns to Dress for Success for up to one week’s worth of business-appropriate attire. She then receives an invitation to join our career development and networking group and opportunities to participate in other employment retention programs. Dress for Success serves job-ready women by referral only from more than 3,000 non-profit organizations including domestic violence agencies, homeless shelters and job-training programs.
The results of our programs speak for themselves:
- Dress for Success has suited more than 600,000 women since our inception in 1997.
- Dress for Success has affiliate locations in more than 120 cities across the United States, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the West Indies.