Aviation Operations Manager
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location Remote-Overseas
Management skills and experience in organizing and coordinating complex operations that are vital to providing the aviation transportation services that Bible translation needs around the world. You will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of aviation flight operations and supporting logistics, including flight coordination, passenger movement and aircraft staging.
This position is located overseas.
- Provide supervision of flight and ground operations, including flight coordinating, passenger and cargo movement and staff working in these areas
- Provide oversight of aircraft care and airworthiness, including the planning and coordination of maintenance schedules
- Provide directional input and oversight into the types of flight activities JAARS is involved in
- Along with the business manager, ensure the financial objectives of the aviation department are met
- Liaise with the local Civil Aviation Authorities to ensure regulatory compliance
- Participate in the department’s senior management team meetings
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Good problem solving
- Good communicator, able to coordinate and collaborate
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working with computers
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Some type of Aviation experience helpful
- Background or experience in logistics preferred
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.