Digital Communications Intern - UNPAID
Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans, CIANA
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include (Title of the position) Application in the subject line.
The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans ( CIANA ), Communications and Outreach team is looking for Communications Interns who are creative and detail-oriented self-starters. Chosen interns will form a team that possesses a combination of the skills outlined below.
- Draft posts for social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Research, pitch, and draft articles for CIANA’s blog
- Assist the Communications and Outreach VISTA with producing newsletters and other emails targeted at clients, donors, and partners
- Design graphics and visuals to enhance CIANA documents and materials
- Develop relations with media and community leaders/orgs
- Assist in translating the CIANA materials into Arabic, Bangla, or Spanish (if possible)
- Assist on side/independent projects
- This internship is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, English, Political Science, Sociology, International Affairs, Latin American/Middle Eastern/South Asian Studies, or related fields.
- An independent self-starter who can manage time effectively to accommodate several projects at once
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bangla, Spanish, or other languages is a plus!
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Research and writing
- Content creation for social media, blog posts, newsletters, and press briefings
- Graphic design
- Website design and analytics
- Familiarity with Canva, Mail Chimp, Wix, or similar platforms. Adobe Illustrator is a plus!
Unpaid, but may be completed for academic credit.
Interns will undergo orientation and training.
About Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans, CIANA
31-09 Newtown Avenue, Suite 411, Astoria, NY 11102, US
To provide special transitional services which will lead to the successful integration of newcomers into American society while continuing to maintain pride in their own cultural heritage .
Immigrants and refugees will be provided with the tools to emerge from poverty, isolation, and linguistic barriers to become full, productive American citizens. Our services promote family well-being and stability, provide counseling and support services, and expose newcomers to the social, economic and educational opportunities available to them. Professional social services will include ESOL and civics classes, citizenship preparation, adult literacy, child welfare and youth services, legal and immigration assistance, financial literacy, micro credit and finance, employment assistance, and information and referral services. Newcomers will gain a deeper understanding of western culture and how to incorporate its positive qualities into their lives without fear of losing their culture and identity; it will help them shape an identity that encompasses the best of both worlds and prevents their isolation and marginalization.