Board Secretary and Executive Assistant
College Now & Career Network
Serves as the Board Secretary, Assistant to the Executive Director & Assistant to the Executive Committee.
College Now & Career Network board secretary plays a critical role within the organization. The secretary is a member of the leadership team and will be responsible for maintaining College Now & Career Network's organization and structure.
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the organization’s members adhere to project deadlines, managing calendars and communications, and maintaining organizational documents.
- College Graduate or Entrepreneur experience.
- We are willing to train the right candidate for this leadership role.
- Meetings will remain virtual until post COVID when it is deemed safe to return to in-person meetings. At that time, you can choose between remaining fully virtual or attend the meetings at one of our remote offices in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Baltimore, or Ft. Lauderdale.
- 2-3 hours per week executing College Now & Career Network related tasks outside of meetings
- Provide support to the Executive Committee and Advisory Board Committees
- Serve as primary project manager for executing executive committee and full board administrative tasks
- Keep track of guiding document and strategic plan due dates and follow up with individual members, chairs, and committees to ensure that all projects and tasks are completed on time
- Serve as the custodian for pertinent documents
- Create and maintain the advisory board’s records, policies, amendments, legal documents, standard operating procedures, and any other relevant board materials
- Assist during the orientation and onboarding process for new board and committee members
- Serve as the interim replacement for board positions during transitions
- Lead internal and external advisory board communications
- Distribute general communications and emails to the appropriate individual or committee
- Maintain and distribute board communication listservs/databases
- Adhere to timely communications by acknowledging or responding to all internal and external correspondences no later than 48 hours.
- Manage biweekly communication document; Maintain the team’s shared drive; Manage email updates to the full board and committees
- Take notes (minutes) at Full Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Schedule time, date, and location of meetings
- Create and distribute an annual calendar of meetings as well as invites and calendars for meetings throughout the year
- Work with the advisory board president to prepare meeting agendas and materials
- Send meeting agendas at least 5 days before scheduled meetings
- Take meeting minutes and distribute them no later than 48 hours after meetings
- Follow up with members to ensure that projects and tasks outlines in the meeting minutes and strategic plan are complete on time
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $0.00 per year
Meetings will remain virtual until post COVID when it is deemed safe to return to in-person meetings.
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
About College Now & Career Network
1007 N. Federal Highway, Unit 322, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, US
To inspire high school students and young adults from underrepresented communities to earn college certificates, secure 21st-century jobs, and learn about personal finance and entrepreneurship.
We are a new nonprofit educational program for high school students and young adults. Our goal is to inspire 1000 high school students a year to earn a college certificate, secure an internship, or a 21-century job with a liveable wage.