Motion Graphics Artist
RANDOM ACTS INC
Motion Graphics Artist
The Motion Graphics artists are primarily responsible for creating and editing motion graphic videos in order to communicate Random Acts’ mission and activities to its supporters and the general public. The Motion Graphics Artists are part of the Random Acts Multimedia department and report to the Assistant Manager of Videography as well as the Multimedia Manager. Close collaboration with other creative teams like photography and graphic design may also be necessary.
- Work closely with the Multimedia team and to maximize the effectiveness of video communications across all promotions of programs, projects, and activities
- Create concepts for short-form videos suitable for cross-platform sharing.
- Follow project briefs to create engaging and effective motion graphics and videos for a wide range of demographics.
- Use Visual Effects, animation, and other cinematic techniques to communicate an idea or story.
- Work with the entire creative team to collaborate on branding styles that will be used across the board.
- Work with the Video Editors to create graphics for their videos by the appropriate deadlines, while also ensuring alignment with overarching Random Acts Brand Guidelines.
- Participate in weekly team meetings as often as possible, check email on a regular basis, and use our internal systems to provide status updates and share files.
This is a remote, volunteer position. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization. Software/ Hardware will not be provided by Random Acts.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the objectives of Random Acts
- Regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the ability to be reachable via email
- Experience developing motion graphic videos
- Exceptional storytelling skills through the production of videos
- Must work well as part of a team, and be responsive to constructive feedback
- Good understanding of 2D and 3D design.
- Good written communication skills in English, although additional languages are desirable
- Must be able to work within reasonably tight deadlines, often given at short notice
- Outstanding Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Some Knowledge of InDesign, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D.
- Must have access to video editing software capable of creating high-quality video, and experience in working with typography.
- Must have the ability to store large files temporarily, and to share them to the cloud storage as supplied by Random Acts
- Able to commit a minimum of 3-4 hours per week to Random Acts activities
- A portfolio for motion graphics showcasing conceptual thinking and strong visual skills.
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.