29 people are interested
Volunteer Coordinator for Human Rights Organization
ORGANIZATION: Oromo Legacy Leadership and Advocacy Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
29 people are interested
We are seeking a volunteer to join our exciting team to manage the other volunteers. Volunteer your time with OLLAA and help us more effectively utilize our large existing pool of volunteers as well as recruit and train new ones. We have more applicants than our full-time staff can process and desperately need administrative help in this area.
Volunteer Coordinator Overview of Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as VolunteerMatch, e-mails, and other volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers' work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization's values.
- Ensuring the organization's purpose is conveyed to the volunteers.
About Oromo Legacy Leadership and Advocacy Association
800 W Broad St 100 #263, Falls Church, VA 22040, US
To be a force for human rights, women’s rights, and indigenous rights by empowering Oromo communities and collaborating across the globe through Advocacy and Development.
Who we are
OLLAA began in 2017 as the Coalition of Oromos for Human Rights and Democracy (COHRD). CORHD was an organization established to give voice to Oromo youth who were being killed, harassed, or imprisoned for the "crime" of protesting. In 2020, COHRD became OLLAA, a more comprehensive organization seeking to empower Oromos, neighbors & organizations to connect and thrive; not just merely exist or survive. OLLAA also means neighbors in Afaan Oromo.
What we do
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2023
- Human Resources Strategy
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Human Resources Assistance
- The time commitment will vary, but I would expect an average of 10 hours per week.
- A positive attitude and commitment to human rights in Ethiopia!