Events Committee Membership
OutCenter of Southwest Michigan
Are you committed to equality and equity for LGBTQ+ people in Southwest Michigan?
Do you want to join a fun and engaging group of volunteers?
Fill out the volunteer application today!
The OutCenter's Events Committee, chaired by a Board Member, is one of the liveliest groups at the Center and responsible for staging the organizations 2 signature events, Lake Effect Pride in June and Holiday Pride in November!
These events call attention to the great work being done by allies and community leaders, as well as the successes of the OutCenter.
About OutCenter of Southwest Michigan
132 Water St, Benton Harbor, MI 49022, US
The mission of the OutCenter is to provide support and advocacy for respect, understanding and nondiscrimination to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied persons and their families in Berrien County, MI.
The OutCenter Believes:
1. All members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community regardless of age, ability, race, gender, socio-economic class, sexual orientation, or gender identity deserve to be welcomed, celebrated and to become an integral part of a healthy society.
2. The inherent dignity, value and worth of all human beings must be upheld regardless of age, ability, race, gender, socio-economic class, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
3. Violence, racism, gender injustice, classism and homophobia must be eradicated.
4. All individuals have a right and responsibility to full participation in society.
5. We should strive to develop an attitude of acceptance, appreciation and affirmation of all forms of diversity. Diversity is an asset.
6. Investing in youth is essential for their future and our community.
7. We should strive to develop a culture that fosters social activism that works to counter injustice.
8. It is our responsibility to challenge popular culture, media, faith communities, religious institutions and texts that perpetuate the devaluation of people based on age, ability, race, gender, class, sexual orientation and gender identity.
9. We should strive as an organization to be as "green" as possible at all times in all places. Everyone has a responsibility to work for a healthy and sustainable natural environment.