Support Group Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
Please visit volunteer.alz.org for more info
Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia. Support Group Facilitators:
- Facilitate groups of caregivers or people living with dementia to provide social and educational support helping group members provide emotional support to one another.
- Present pertinent Association materials and information to group members and assure a positive experience for attendees.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
About ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION
PO Box 456, Ridgeland, MS 39158, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, advocacy and research. We work in Mississippi and throughout the country to provide high-quality care and support programs and services for every generation touched by Alzheimer’s or another dementia. As the world’s largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure. The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer’s research funding and care initiatives in Mississipppi and at the federal level.
Multiple locations Brandon, MS 39047
August 9, 2022
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- We provide training and background check