8 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
The Alzheimer's Association is looking for people who enjoy educating others. There are 6 million American's living with Alzheimer's and that number is expected to double by 2050. We are trying to change that trajectory of the disease by educating people on risk reduction and early detection. It's imperative the disease is caught early to qualify for the new treatments becoming available. Help us share information about the disease and resources.
Official description: Community educators are volunteer public speakers who deliver Association prepared presentations on topics related to Alzheimer's and caregiving. These programs could be at churches, senior centers, libraries, etc. A personal or professional connection to Alzheimer's is not required but preferred.
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences. Community Educators:
- Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association evidence-based consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ALZHEIMERS ASSOCIATION
PO Box 456, Ridgeland, MS 39158, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, advocacy and research. We work in Mississippi and throughout the country to provide high-quality care and support programs and services for every generation touched by Alzheimer’s or another dementia. As the world’s largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to advancing research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure. The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer’s research funding and care initiatives in Mississipppi and at the federal level.
Multiple locations Gulfport, MS 39501
July 28, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- We will provide background check & training