Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
Position: Fundraising Director
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensure the fulfillment of donations and subsequent recognition benefits.
- Work closely with the Executive team and others to build a successful fundraising program that will diversify funding streams and increase revenue from major/corporate gifts, individual gifts, grants and contracts, planned giving, and events.
- Work closely with the Executive team to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan, and put into place robust fundraising strategies and systems that will support its success.
- Adopt and administer a donor database for accurate and timely donor and gift record-keeping.
- Participate in outreach activities and community events related to donor cultivation.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with the code of ethics principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work under pressure, balance competing priorities, and consistently meet deadlines. An ability to move things forward while having timely follow-through.
- Teach, train, and mentor other non-fundraising staff on effective communication, presentation, and philanthropy skills and topic.
- Work with communications staff to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and materials across platforms in order to raise brand awareness and support fundraising from diverse audiences.
What You Need for This Position:
- 5-10 years experience leading fundraising campaigns.
- Experience overseeing and working with volunteers (i.e. community groups, churches, persons of disabilities, students) is helpful.
- Demonstrated capability to handle and supervise multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and produce rapid and accurate turnaround assignments.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics software.
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence and proof of assignments to ensure accurate documentation.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Preferably a Master's Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Fundraising, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
What's in It for You as Our Volunteer:
- You'll make an impact to help empower others.
- Build your resume and LinkedIn portfolio with unique startup experience and the ability to build a non-profit company.
- Remote work and flexible work schedules.
- Get experience in your area of interest.
- Advancing your career by improving job prospects.
- Fulfill college or university internship or volunteer requirements.
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions to the development of a non-profit
- Providing strategic forecasting to ensure the growth of a start-up.
- Letter of recommendations after 90 days of commitment.
- Increase your network within the community and with business connections.
- PLUS have fun learning- there is so much opportunity!
About Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 500, Newport Beach, CA 92501, US
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Poppy Kids Educational Curriculum - we need bright minds and skills to help organize these programs, implement and promote them withing schools. The purpose of the education curriculum is to provide media such as video, children's and parents books or packages that provide guidance, promote acceptance and encourage lifestyle changes. In addition, these media outlets can be resources for parents and children alike to help them cope with daily challenges or ongoing pains.
Poppy Care Directors Program -- This program offers in-home care and support for kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety or depression. The purpose is to relieve parents of the often times demanding therapy sessions, provide an in-home "assistant" that gives parents the ease of mind that they have someone there to help them. As this program develops, there are more support systems created that we will implement.