Volunteer Event Chair - Walk to End Alzheimer's Valdosta
Vision A World Without Alzheimer's Disease.
Mission To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research and promotion of brain health, and to enhance care and support for all individuals, their families and caregivers.
The Event Chair serves as the volunteer leader for the planning and execution of Walk to End Alzheimer’s. This position is responsible for recruiting, training and leading an effective volunteer committee focused on raising revenue, increasing awareness and implementing all event activities.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Goal-driven and results-oriented.
- Strong networking skills and knowledge of key individuals in the community.
- With the help of the Staff Partner, recruit an Event Co-Chair, all Subcommittee Chair positions, and assist in recruiting additional committee members. This includes the planning and organizing of the Volunteer Kickoff Party and Committee Orientation.
- Work with the Staff Partner to establish committee meeting dates, times, and locations.
- Plan, lead, and facilitate all committee meetings. (To ensure the health and safety of our volunteers, all committee meetings are held virtually until further notice.) This will include delegating responsibilities and tasks to committee members along with giving appropriate recognition for the work that is accomplished.
- Maintain regular communication with Subcommittee Chairs, committee members, and the Staff Partner to ensure everyone understands expectations and is on target to meet goals.
- Work with staff partner to make certain there is a focus on engaging companies within the community.
- Conduct a post-Walk debrief with committee members to determine ideas and areas of improvement for next year.
- Have a willingness to learn about and support the Alzheimer’s Association and its mission.
- Make the necessary time commitment.
- Complete the Partnership Agreement with the Staff Partner.
- Be an active participant in our online community, Walk Central.
- Participate in Walk Volunteer trainings.
- Adhere to the Walk timeline and continually report progress to the Staff Partner.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and show appreciation to your committee members when achieving event goals
Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: Fundraising, Community Outreach, Networking, Organization, People Skills, Relationship Building
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alzheimer's Association
2402 North Tift Avenue Ste. 102, Tifton, GA 31794, US
Visualizing a world without Alzheimer's disease, the Alzheimer's Association is committed to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association of Georgia offers a wide range of programs and services to assist individuals and families coping with the Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.