School Partnership and Impact Officer
BRIGHTER CHILDREN INC
Brighter Children (BC) is a 501c Non-Profit organization.
Our mission is to find and fund local schools in order to give the gift of education to deserving children in some of the most impoverished communities in the world. Our Vision? Universal Primary Education. There are 250 million children today who cannot read, write, or do basic mathematics. Brighter Children currently works with partner schools in impoverished communities across Kenya, India, Colombia, and Honduras. We provide children who otherwise would have no opportunity for primary education or are at risk of dropping out of school with annual scholarships and access to quality education.
Here is a brief video on our visit to Kenya for your enjoyment.
School Partnership and Impact Officer - Overview:
We are looking for a passionate volunteer interested in becoming our main liaison with our partner schools. This person will play a key role in our mission, with main responsibilities below (not all-inclusive):
- Perform research and due diligence on potential new partner schools
- For existing partner schools, have quarterly communications with them to obtain updates
- Collect standard metrics from the schools annually (or more frequently if needed)
- Be the main point of contact with our partner schools for any questions that the team may have
- Become the voice of the schools in our team and Board meetings
- Help our Donor Relations team maintain certain donor relationships who require more school/student updates
- Assist our Corporate Development team with grant applications if they need school impact information
- Help our Impact team create the Impact report
- Be an active contributor in creating our Annual Report
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it
- Passionate about building relationships with our partner schools, and willing to work creatively with data-limitations that may exist with schools in third world countries
- Be structured and organized with data collection!
- Is analytical and can learn how to ask the right questions to our partner schools
- Be able to join weekly team Zoom calls
- This role will require 2-5 hours/week
For questions, or if you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BRIGHTER CHILDREN INC
23 BRENNAN ST, HUNTINGTON, NY 11743, US
Brighter Children is breaking the cycle of poverty by engaging donors to directly sponsor the education of children in impoverished regions, and changing the way people approach, think and feel about giving.
We find and fund the best schools to sponsor the primary education of children in the impoverished regions of the world.