Spring Internships Available
Young Mothers, Inc.
We are seeking Spring 2021 (January-May) Interns in the following areas:
* Programming - The program intern provides support and assistance to the Program Associate on all activities related Young Mothers, Inc. Duties include logistical support such as coordinating in-person programming and special events maintaining the database on participants and their parents, student and parent outreach, coordinating document collection from students, and other projects assigned by the Program Associate.
* Operations and Communications - This internship will work alongside the Operations Manager and Managing Director to provide leadership in an administrative and financial capacity. In addition, the Operations and Communications Intern will provide and post content to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and engage in industry best-practice for social media content.
* Film and Media - The Film and Media Intern will assist in capturing the stories and the voices of our young people. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic, unique, and innovative emotional literacy, arts-based social justice organization, providing leadership on the organization’s marketing, communications and PR needs.
* Development - The Development intern will focus on non-profit development, grant-writing and fundraising. This opportunity requires 15-20 hours per week and it is important (but not mandatory) that the fellow has had some experience in this chosen field of focus.
* Clinical Social Work - The Clinical Social Work internship is open to undergraduates studying social work, counseling, psychiatry, sociology or a related field, and will work closely alongside very professional partners we've connected with in the past to provide program assistance to clinical staff, perform administrative duties, update and file paperwork, conduct program research and evaluation, and other tasks as needed.
Hours vary per internship, but we expect the winter internship to run from mid-January through mid-May, with the option to continue working with us over the summer. Young Mothers, Inc is working to provide academic credit through all major universities in Washington, D.C.
About Young Mothers, Inc.
P.O Box 30019 SE, Washington, DC 20030, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.