Internships Available Hiring ASAP
Young Mothers, Inc.
Objective of the Internship Program
To support the mission of the organization by serving with other committees in various areas of need. The Intern is an important support role as he/she will facilitate how YMI is able to serve its young mothers and their families. Further, the Intern will have an opportunity to develop employment, professional, and career competencies through real work experience.
Interns will be assigned to one or more areas outlined below. There is also an opportunity to rotate amongst all three areas as approved by YMI leadership. Assignments will be based on area(s) of interest, skills, academic pursuits, and organizational need.Programs
- Create a calendar of monthly and quarterly events corresponding to each program
- Develop event invites and other forms of communication/advertisement to encourage community participation
- Follow up with program participants regarding the effectiveness of the program(s)
- Take minutes at committee meetings
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
- Assist with researching and emailing potential donors
- Assist with gathering information needed for fundraising and grant proposals
- Help with donor mailings, call-backs, thank you communication, and other follow
- Take minutes at committee meetings
- Other support duties as assigned
- Support the scheduling interviews with perspective volunteers based on our needs using Volunteermatch.org.
- Create new, edit, and monitor existing volunteer announcements on Volunteermatch.org (based on need)
- Email Onboarding Packets to New Volunteers and assist with Off boarding Receive and file monthly reports from Committees
- Support the development of initial SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for key processes
- Assist with creating brief tutorial / training videos or PowerPoint format
- Send out email blasts or notifications to all volunteers for updates
- Assist with the time tracking tool com
- Update Volunteer Contact listing
- Assist Comms/ED to organize and implement monthly mixers for all volunteers, as appropriate
- Organize Live.com business emailCreate folders as needed
- Add important documents to live.com icloud
- Upload reports to live.com icloud account
Bonus Internship Experience Project (options)
- Write correspondence, documents and communications for the finance department.
- Maintain files and information organization system, answer phones and coordinate travel.
- Create, disseminate and update reports and budgets.
- Work with vendors and payers to maintain contracts and track payments.
- Calculate and track payments, invoices, upcoming expenses and current expenses.
1. Create/Develop an idea for a program/activity you think will Increase revenue
- Build our community
- Allow support from our community
- Raise awareness
- Help us build relationships with corporate sponsors and donors
2. Develop a Volunteer Management System that will:
- Import all records from VolunteerMatch
- Track volunteer activity including the documents submitted, missing, or ongoing contribution
- Manage volunteer assignments on committees
- Record and maintain Board Committee leads and personnel
Intern Expectations Outcomes
- Students will learn to work in a team as well as independently to problem solve and address real programming or resource development concerns faced by the
- Students will develop written and oral communication skills necessary to interact with stakeholder such as other volunteers, donors, young mothers, and board
- Students will develop program Defined knowledge and/or skills to be developed by the student during the
- Educational goals will be established, if required, by host
About Young Mothers, Inc.
P.O Box 30019 SE, Washington, DC 20030, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.