COVID Relief Grant Writer--Help Our Palestinian NGO Partners
Rebuilding Alliance's goal is to install fast COVID-19 testing in NGO clinics throughout Gaza to stem the outbreak. We hope this will become the basis for distribution of vaccines in the future. We would like you to research the many foundations that provide COVID relief to third-world countries, work with us to create a template for grant proposals, and send it out on our behalf.
About Rebuilding Alliance
Rebuilding Alliance is a 501(c)(3) based in California and dedicated to advancing equal rights for the Palestinian people through education, advocacy, and support that assures Palestinian families the right to a home, schooling, economic security, safety, and a promising future. Our mission is to realize a just and enduring peace in Palestine and Israel founded upon equal rights, equal security, and equal opportunity for all.
As part of our team, you will:
- Lead the drafting of compelling letters of inquiry, concept papers, grant proposals, and other requests for institutional funding
- Work with program staff to synthesize achievements and capture Rebuilding Alliance’s impact for inclusion in reports to funders and other communications
- Manage the grants’ calendar and ensure the timely submission of all proposals and reports
- Perform relevant research to identify grant opportunities and cultivation plans for prospective funders
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process and streamline cultivation and stewardship of institutional funders
- Coordinate with the finance team to prepare for funders all necessary budgets and financial statements
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with meticulous attention to detail
- A multi-tasker with the ability to work under pressure and manage concurrent deadlines
- The ability to quickly understand the complex concepts of Rebuilding Alliance’s work and to thoughtfully translate the work for laymen in accessible, persuasive, and inspiring ways
- Effective organization, time, and project management skills with a nimbleness to shift between projects as needs evolve
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising and proven track record of successful grant awards preferred
- Experience with basic financial management including the development and monitoring of budgets and financial reporting preferred
2-3 days a week, assuming a 4 hour workday
About Rebuilding Alliance
50 Woodside Plaza Ste. 627, Redwood City, CA 94061, US
Rebuilding Alliance is dedicated to advancing equal rights for the Palestinian people through education, advocacy, and support that assures Palestinian families the right to a home, schooling, economic security, safety, and a promising future.
We learned early-on that to build in war-torn communities one must partner locally with non-governmental organizations that hold the trust of the local community and maintain the highest standards of fiscal and personal integrity.
Everyone who works at Rebuilding Alliance is committed to building peace and justice through programs that make a tangible difference and together, we do our best to make RA a great place to work. Many who have joined RA as interns or in entry-level jobs have gone on to their dream-job or pursued advanced degrees.
One of our past interns wrote the following:
"I always talk about interning with Rebuilding Alliance as one of my most important, challenging and formative work experiences, especially when I'm in interviews. You asked and expected big things of me right away, and I'm so grateful for that - coordinating a teleconference series, making phone calls to important peacekeepers, offering insights in team meetings, updating our internet presence. These are skills that I value so highly, and that I'm sure will be so important as I enter this industry that is entirely new to me. I would also like to stay in touch with you and Rebuilding Alliance and help in any way I can in the coming years, whether through donations or volunteering my time when I'm back in the Bay Area."