18 people are interested
Program Administration Intern
18 people are interested
Summary of Position:
This position is an excellent fit for individuals looking to develop skills in nonprofit program management.
The Program Administration Intern position will provide support to all aspects of Young Mothers, Inc.
programming. The intern will gain a broad exposure to the inner workings of a high-functioning nonprofit
organization. He or she will assist the Regional Directors, Program Manager and Program Specialist in
overall administration and logistics of every day programming. The intern will perform work directly
related to the general business operations of After School Matters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage communication with program providers and other partners
* Manage communication with teen participants and parents
* Help manage provider questions and concerns
* Verify accuracy of program logistics and enter information into the Cityspan database
* Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings and orientations
* Support supervisor in maintaining professional relationships with local partners and employers
* Monitor young mothers program attendance, enter payroll information, distribute pay checks
* Independent travel to employers to check on teens and programs
* Support Programs department, with tracking of expenses and data entry
* Support program team with special initiatives, events, and recruitment needs as assigned
* Monitor community partner compliance through weekly tracking of enrollment and attendance
* Ensure that community partners have obtained and submitted required teen participants
* Review, document, and submit check requests in relation to program activities - field trips and
* Verify teen participants have satisfied program requirements prior to award distribution
* Collaborate effectively with the entire Program Quality Division in an effort to support quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Energetic and enthusiastic employee who can succeed in in a fast-paced, high energy
* Capability to succeed while working either independently or in collaborative settings.
* Problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
* Organizational skills.
* Oral and written communication skills.
* Dependability, accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and provide effective
follow-up with staff.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; excellent familiarity with Excel and Pivot tables is a
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 9, 2021
- Market Research
- Administrative Support
- Orientation or Training
- up to 6 hours a week