Nonprofit Marketing Program Manager
Words in Time
Words in Time is a start-up nonprofit organization seeking passionate individuals to join our organization and cause. We are a disaster response organization that provides real-time translation services so that all individuals in an impacted community receive vital information in a timely manner in their native language(s).
Our mission is Saving Lives: Right Words. Right Time. Right Language.
Our work is based on passionate volunteers with bilingual skills. This opportunity is for an individual interested in developing our marketing program: donor and fundraising and our volunteer recruitment.
This is a remote volunteer position, approximately 5-10 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise awareness of the organization among potential end users, volunteers, funders, and partner organizations
- Develop, manage and execute a timeline for the organization's social media campaigns
- Develop content for Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Meetup, YouTube and/or other platforms as appropriate
- Stay abreast of new and existing platforms in order to reach multiple age groups and strategic audiences
- Respond to online comments and inquiries in a respectful, timely and helpful manner. Alert management of any individual escalations or important trends. Propose and execute effective responses
- Develop and execute strategies to boost the organization's prominence in Google search results
- Evaluate the success and impact of the organization's social media efforts and adjust communications strategy accordingly
- As appropriate under the organization's communications strategy, network with social media influencers and potential partner organizations and execute joint projects
All organizational staff and volunteers are expected to address clients, staff and community members in a respectful, positive and professional manner; and provide a safe environment to live, learn and work. Volunteers and staff are expected to perform identified responsibilities and assure that all aspects of the agency comply with all applicable Federal, State and accreditation standards in conjunction with the agency’s identified policies and procedures. Words in Time is a drug free/smoke free environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year experience with social media communication and marketing platform
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide variety of social networking platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Meetup and others
- Experience in a not-for-profit agency is a plus
- The communication skills required to pitch potential marketing approaches to our internal team as well as to present complex ideas through simple and effective online messaging to potential volunteers, donors and partner organizations
- The analytical skills required to identify, communicate and plan strategic responses to trends
- The project management skills required to execute several campaigns simultaneously
Job Type: Part-time (5-10 hours per week)
Work Location: Fully Remote
Hours per week: Less than 10
This opportunity Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Words in Time
505 Elm St, Valley Falls, KS 66088, US
Saving Lives: Right Words, Right Time, Right Language
Founded in August 2020, we are a start-up nonprofit organization with a grand vision. We provide translation and interpretation services to community leaders in the face of disasters so that the whole community receives the vital lifesaving messages effectively and efficiently.