Volunteers - Kentucky
We’re a nonprofit social welfare organization aiming to achieve equality for the LGBTQIA community in
education and healthcare. Currently, many gay and bisexual men, as well as other under the queer umbrella, aren’t allowed to donate blood, and our nation’s public-school system still routinely undervalues or even ignores issues regarding the community, whether it’s history or family life education. Our organization is lobbying policymakers and educating the public on these issues, and we are asking for help from people like you. If you’ve got a tight schedule, you may consider donating instead!
- Conduct research & develop a legislative agenda tailored to each state/territory
- Identify progressive policymakers, executives, and other government officials and coordinating with them to pass inclusive education & healthcare legislation
- Inform the public on issues
- Expand our influence on social media platforms
- Reach out to other media outlets
- Partner with organizations that share our commitment to the LGBTQIA Community
- Reach out to young advocates by establishing a presence at college campuses & high schools
We are currently looking for volunteers in Kentucky.
8023 WASHINGTON RD, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22308, US
The FDA says sexually active men who have sex with men (MSM)--along with women who have sex with MSM--must abstain from sex for 3 months in order to donate blood. This is essentially a blanket ban on all gay and bisexual men, which doesn’t take into account the fact that the LGBTQ community is comprised of millions of wildly different people, each with their own sexual practices. Changing this policy is just one of many steps our country and government must take in order to combat stigma and discrimination against the LGBTQ community, and we here at Homoglobin are fighting for that change.
National Single - Payer Healthcare
Easily Accessible Trans/GNC Healthcare
Reinstate Protections for Trans/GNC people in Healthcare
Improved STI Testing Methods & Availabilty
LGBTQ-Inclusive Sex Ed
Ban Conversion Therapy