LGBTQ+ BIPOC Writer/Podcaster (Internship)
Gay City: Seattle's LGBTQ Center
We are seeking two individuals to serve as bloggers and/or podcasters for one month and write about the impact of COVID-19 on the LGBTQ community. A stipend will be received after work is completed.
All of these are preferences, but not required
- Experience writing and creating podcasts is preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity of COVID-19 and its impact on queer and trans communities with demonstrated ability to think and work intersectionally, particularly with regard to race, class, gender, age and ability is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to serve all segments of the LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities and culture, especially including mindfulness and respect with regard to people’s pronouns and access needs
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Develop two (2) COVID-19-related blog pieces or podcasts
- Articles will be shared digitally
- Blogging: 500-word count preferred; however, may write 250-word minimum articles and write more articles to adjust for the difference.
- Podcasting: 30-minute segments, however, negotiable as long as all segments total up to one (1) hour
About Gay City: Seattle's LGBTQ Center
517 E. Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98122, US
Promoting wellness in LGBTQ Communities by providing health services, connecting people to resources, fostering arts, and building community.
Welcome to Gay City: Seattle's LGBTQ Center, an organization where our staff and volunteers, our programs and services, and our drive and spirit reflect the resilience and power of Seattle’s many LGBTQ communities. Gay City’s Wellness Center, our LGBTQ Resource & Referral Program, our Gay City Volunteer Crew, and Gay City Arts all provide multiple ways for our community to gather, connect, find voice and serve. Gay City is an organization that listens and responds, and that continues to evolve. We are a destination for the LGBTQ community to grow and thrive. Gay City is Seattle’s LGBTQ Center.