1 person is interested
Fleet Volunteer (Vehicle Maintenance) - Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 person is interested
Operations Lead Associate: Fleet Lead VolunteerPurpose
Play a lead role in the scheduling, utilization, maintenance and documentation, of American Red Cross vehicles to ensure the organization has a fully operational and deployable fleet.Responsibilities
- Ensure each vehicle’s registration, insurance and associated documents are properly stored/displayed in all regional fleet vehicles.
- In collaboration with Operations leadership, ensure all vehicle licenses and registrations are current and required state and federal inspections are completed.
- Support vehicle maintenance and repairs in concert with the fleet vendor (Element) and the local automotive maintenance and repair shops.
- Work with local service providers and Fleet team members to ensure timely preventive maintenance on fleet vehicles.
- Perform light maintenance and support keeping vehicles clean to ensure the fleet remains in top condition.
- Manage local fleet vendors to ensure the system is current for accurate inventory, registration, and Preventative Maintenance work orders.
- Coordinate issuing maintenance of fuel cards and driver Personal Identification Numbers.
- Conduct regular inspections of vehicles to identify repair or maintenance needs.
- Identify vehicles for repair, disposal, or replacement at the direction of the Regional COO. Support annual replacement cycle and the arrival of new vehicles and disposal of retired vehicles.
- Onboard, guide and potentially supervise other regional fleet volunteers to perform work throughout the region, including addressing routine maintenance and repairs at approved vendors
- Partner and support regional Operations team on local fleet strategy and process improvements to find efficiencies in maintaining the regional fleet.
- Support the onboarding of new authorized drivers to the American Red Cross in all departments ensuring they have received correct training on the organizations processes and safety guidelines as it relates to fleet. Ensure all authorized drivers have received and read Fleet Manual.
- In coordination with Operations leadership, provide direction and supervisory support to fleet volunteers throughout the region.
- Time Commitment
5-10 hours per week.
- Maintain a valid driver's license from the state in which they reside
- Qualified MVR (motor vehicle record)
- Knowledge of DOT (Dept. of Transportation) a plus, but not required
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to assist with fleet coordination using logistical organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Knowledge of vehicles and light mechanics preferred
- Length of Appointment
3-6 months; Opportunities will vary by location.
- Understand American Red Cross fleet program manual and DOT fleet policies and standards
- DOT (Dept. of Transportation) policies may be required later
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
2130 Paul W. Bryant Drive, Suite BTuscaloosaTuscaloosa, AL 35401
August 13, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training