THE PATCHWORK SOCIETY
Roles and Responsibilities
The treasurer will offer guidance to the Executive Director and financial officer1 in ensuring good
fiscal planning, decision-making and oversight at a governance level.
His/her principle duties are to:
* Oversee the development of high level financial policies and their review by the board
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the board for review
* Ensure that the appropriate monthly or quarterly financial statements are reviewed by the
* Ensure that the board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and
alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures
* Ensure that the organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that
these are accurate and up-to-date
* Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis
* Ensure that payroll and other liabilities are settled in a timely manner
* Serve as a co-signer of checks with at least one another signing officer2
* Ensure that excess funds and reserves are properly held and invested
* Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants and service delivery
contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of funders
About THE PATCHWORK SOCIETY
717 SANDY TRL, FORT WORTH, TX 76120, US
Our mission is to bridge the disparity gap between transitional youth and their community through service coordination mentorship, outreach and awareness.
The Patchwork Society is an organization created by a foster care alumni who saw a need to more efficient preparation for young adults. The primary objective is to promote self sufficiency and facilitate the establishment of purposeful helping relationships for transitioning youth and young adults. The Patchwork Society is committed to bridging the gaps in community resources and the success of transitioning young adults, so we provide services for both youth and professionals.
This organization strives to establish a foundation that will nurture and inspire growth among youth.The Patchwork Society differs from other organizations because travel to your community to deliver our experiences, resources and services to decrease barriers and increase success. Our partnerships with local agencies and organizations provides us with the opportunity to create customized seminars based on the needs of our audience. Services include employment coaching, financial coaching, life skills, and education navigation workshops.
The Patchwork Society is a leader in quality education curriculum, professional development, and transitional living services. We assist everyone who involved or interested in being involved in the lives of foster alumni and at risk youth in order to maximize on the full potential of these young adults, in any capacity that we can help.