Nonprofit Board Member - Volunteer
MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The mission of Mental Health and Recovery Counseling Education and Training (MHRCET) is to provide access to quality mental health and recovery services in a comprehensive and culturally respectful manner to individuals and families.
MHRCET is a nonprofit organization providing integrated counseling, education and training to California individuals in all counties via telehealth and web services. MHRCET is dedicated to improving the quality of every individual by focusing on the primary goals and objectives:
- Improving population health
- Enhancing mental health awareness
- Addressing and reducing mental health stigma
- Improving the patient experience
- Becoming a leader in the mental health industry
If you are kind, helpful, compassionate, and genuinely care about the well-being of others we need people like you to join our team. At our organization, volunteers are essential. Committing to this volunteer position will include the following:
- Leading the Board and Executive Committee to carry out its governance functions
- Partnering with the President/CEO to help ensure the Board’s directives, policies, and resolutions are carried out
- Assessing the performance of the Board and its committees
- Partnering with the President/CEO to lead the development and refinement of impact metrics
- Assuring the ongoing development of Board members
- Serving as an ambassador of the organization and advocating its mission to internal and external stakeholders
Areas of Expertise / Desired Professionals
Individuals interested in sitting on the Board of Directors or Advisory Committee with backgrounds/titles in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- School Teachers, TA, and Childcare Workers
- Healthcare, Physicians, Nurses, Mental Health Providers, Recovery Counselors
- Psychologists, LCSW, Family Therapists, and MFT’s
- Technological Development, Information Technology, Web/Database Developer
- Law Enforcement, Parole, or Probation Officers
- State, Government, Federal, or County Workers (mental health divisions, preferred)
MHRCET strives to deliver services and support necessary to improve the quality of life for children, youth, and adults with mental illness and addictive disorders.
MHRCET is a nonprofit organization centrally located in California. Conference calls are necessary when conducting the initial and follow-up interview, in order to finalize the decision.
Our vision is to improve the lives of those living with mental illness and provide emotional wellness for families.
About MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
P.O. Box 352, COPPEROPOLIS, CA 95228, US
The mission of MHRCET is to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive unified system to enhance mental health awareness, promote individual empowerment, and increase access to treatment and services for persons living with mental illness.
MHRCET is comprised of caring, dedicated, and mission driven individuals working toward the common goal of helping those with mental and behavioral health issues. Our primary objectives are providing quality mental health services, educating the general public, engaging those in need of support, and advocating for those who are unable to advocate for themselves.