Marion County District Attorney- Victim Assistance Division
Volunteers provide the following services to victims of crime:
1. Support though a sexual assault examination
2. Crisis intervention, safety planning and short term emotional support
3. Accompaniment to meetings, court hearings and trials.
4. Information on case status
5. Assistance in applying for Crime Victims Compensation and referral to other community resources
6. Act as a liaison between prosecutors and victims.
Internships/practicums available to fulfill college requirements as well as for job experience. No college affiliation required.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Marion County District Attorney- Victim Assistance Division
555 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301, US
To involve crime victims and the community in a healing process that lessons the impact of crime. We fulfill this mission by Providing direct victim services/advocating for victim rights/offering volunteer opportunities/ providing education and promoting public awareness and promoting professional and agency communication.
MC VAD was established in 1981. A program of the District Attorney's Office, VAD volunteers and staff work side by side on behalf of crime victims. Community volunteers are absolutely vital to this process. A friendly person who will listen to the concerns of a victim helps that victim move forward from the victimization. Our volunteers and interns provide nearly 20,000 hours of advocacy each year to serve victims in our community.