Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center
The Turtle Team cares for, supports, and improves the quality of life of our three-toed box turtle "Bucky". She and her team support the educational mission of Prescott Farm through teaching and sharing experiences with Bucky.
Some of the responsibilities of the Turtle Team include: feeding, cleaning, observing, watering and caring for Bucky.
*Please note all volunteers age 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult
About Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center
928 White Oaks Road, Laconia, NH, NH 03246, US
Prescott Farm is dedicated to providing year-round environmental education programs for all ages and a place in the Lakes Region community that encourages curiosity, discovery, fun, and connection to the natural world. Since 1997 we have helped awaken an appreciation for nature and concern for the environment in thousands of program participants with a wide range of programs designed to preserve and pass down knowledge and skills that encourage an understanding of the natural systems that sustain us all and respect for the environment.
Prescott Farm is a designated wildlife viewing area open year-round to the public with over 160 acres of farmland, forests, and pastures including more than 3 miles of woodland, pond, and field trails, gardens, and a Natural PlayScape.
We have 4 main program areas at Prescott Farm
- Community Connections Programs
- variety of programs offered for children, adults, and teens
- Examples include Farm to Table Cooking, Soap-making, and snowshoe yoga
- Fledglings Nature-Based Preschool
- state-licensed, nature-based curriculum for children ages 3-5
- WildQuest Vacation Camps
- state-licensed day camps for children ages 6-12 in February-April
- topics range from wilderness survival, myths, and nature artists
- Naturalist in the Classroom
- our educators spend over 250 hours each school year working directly with students and teachers in local schools to facilitate place-based learning