5 people are interested
Volunteer Leader for CHiL (Virtual Mentoring Program)
5 people are interested
CHiL is an online afterschool mentoring program that offers high-needs students in grades 4-8 social and emotional learning and homework help. We need volunteer leaders to supervise virtual classrooms to ensure student safety and privacy.
Volunteer Leader Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise two virtual classrooms concurrently.
- Respond immediately to chats from program staff.
- Collaborate with program staff to move students to different rooms when necessary.
- Provide real-time guidance and constructive feedback to volunteer mentors.
- Attend team meetings.
- Intervene tactfully during sessions to enforce program policies and procedures.
- Escalate issues that arise during sessions to staff via email and/or during team meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have reliable access to a computer with a camera and microphone (no tablets or phones) and to high-speed internet.
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Be proficient in the Google Workplace suite of applications including Meet, Hangout, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
- Access to a second monitor is preferred.
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience is preferred.
In addition to the satisfaction that comes with positively impacting those in need, volunteering in schools is an ideal way to meet new people, enhance your resume, and learn new skills.
Make a difference. Apply today: https://www.handsonsuburbanchicago.org/chil
About HandsOn Suburban Chicago
2121 S. Goebbert Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005, US
HandsOn Suburban Chicago is connecting people with purpose. Our mission is to positively impact communities by connecting people to enriching volunteer experiences.
HandsOn Suburban Chicago is a nonprofit organization that connects volunteers with opportunities to make positive change in our communities. HOSC provides training and services to nonprofits, schools, organizations and corporations in north and northwest Cook and northern DuPage counties to build the capacity of their volunteer programs.
Volunteer opportunities are available for all ages. Opportunities to serve are found for individuals, families, corporations, service clubs, religious groups, schools and community organizations.
HandsOn Suburban Chicago offers volunteer opportunities through its partnerships with more than 150 social service organizations and schools. Hundreds of volunteer opportunities are available.
HandsOn Suburban Chicago celebrates 49 years of engaging volunteers. Since it's inception in 1969, we have been initiating, leading, supporting and promoting local volunteer groups.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 19, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are asking for a minimum commitment of two sessions per week (2 hours—each on a different day). From late September through early December. CHiL will run Monday through Thursday from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- Virtual volunteers must be 18 or older, exhibit excellent computer literacy skills, and have reliable access to both broadband internet and a computer with a camera to be able to participate. Proficiency in Google products is required.