College Now & Career Network
Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills along with the ability to utilize those skills to create successful proposals. The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing, and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process.
- Identify and research foundations and corporations for potential grants.
- Obtains necessary information for proposals/grants and applications.
- Develops and prepares proposals and grant applications according to guidelines; complies with all follow-up grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Acquires and maintains a sound knowledge of the organization, and uses that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
- Works with CN2's leadership and utilizes research tools to identify key foundation officers, trustees, and other contacts and facilitate on-site meetings as needed.
- Maintains master Google calendar for all grant activity, to include submitted proposals and grant requests; maintains current records in database and paper files as appropriate, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assists with other projects as requested
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English or Communications. 3-5 years of successful grant-writing experience required; additional non-profit fundraising experience helpful. Proven proficiency in professional writing experience including successful proposals to institutional donors, grant writing, or other technical writing experience.
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that students need college certificates and high paying jobs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word; some experience working in databases preferred.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of CN2.
- Excellent writing, editing, and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently but also sees their role as a member of the CN2 team
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and foster a sense of teamwork among team members.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
About College Now & Career Network
1007 N. Federal Highway, Unit 322, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, US
To inspire high school students and young adults from underrepresented communities to earn college certificates, secure 21st-century jobs, and learn about personal finance and entrepreneurship.
We are a new nonprofit educational program for high school students and young adults. Our goal is to inspire 1000 high school students a year to earn a college certificate, secure an internship, or a 21-century job with a liveable wage.