EDGE Mentor: Become a youth mentor for impoverished students in rural China
EDUCATION FOR ALL FOUNDATION
[APPLY ONLY through our website efaglobal.org/apply-now. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH VolunteerMatch WILL NOT BE READ.]
EDGE mentors help underprivileged kids (who are orphans, have abusive families, are impoverished and often famished, etc.) develop healthily by learning soft skills such as emotional management, ambition and leadership. If accepted, you will begin with a training period.
All mentors must:
- Identify and educationalize values that are relevant to human psychological development
- Be compassionate, warm, fun, friendly and open-minded
- Collaborate effectively in a team
- Have fun improving someone’s future!
In addition to the above requirements, long-term mentors must...
APPLY NOW through our website efaglobal.org and see our Instagram (@efaglobal) and FAQ page for more info.
- Be very fluent in Mandarin
- Call once per week or per 2 weeks with an underprivileged student (grades 3- 8)
- Connect with the student and their struggles, and give advice on what they are feeling
- Teach them valuable life lessons through tasks that all mentors will create
- Be mature enough to help the students reflect and find purpose in life
About EDUCATION FOR ALL FOUNDATION
73 TRAILWOOD, IRVINE, CA 92620, US
Education For All Foundation (EFA) consists of a group of high school students who strongly believe in the merits of educational equity. EFA offers life-changing opportunities to underprivileged children by providing free, online English lessons to impoverished schools. Learning English is a valuable opportunity for students in unfortunate circumstances to engage with the western world and alleviate poverty.
EFA’s team of high school students embody our mission to provide quality education to underserved students who lack access to educational resources. Since July of 2018, we have expanded to four schools in rural China and taught bi-weekly lessons to over 500+ rural students across the Ningxia, Jiangxi, Inner Mongolia, and Chongqing provinces. We have raised over $13k USD in scholarship and classroom necessity funds and are recognized by the City of Irvine for our contribution to education in impoverished communities. EFA’s progressive curriculum utilizes modern technology to enhance overall teaching quality. Our funding from local partnering businesses enables us to further our impact.