VANTAGE Aging Volunteers
All of the opportunities at VANTAGE Aging's RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) are partnerships with local non-profits that fit into the following performance measures:
- Nutrition/Food Support
- Opioid/Drug Intervention
- Invasive Species Removal
- Adult Employment Education
- Other Community Priorities
You must be 55+ to volunteer with our Retired & Senior Volunteer Program, and we have availability in Summit, Medina, Wayne, and Geauga counties. We have been in touch with all of our partnerships to verify the methods in place to ensure volunteers are safe during COVID-19. Of the checklist we have provided partnerships, all are complying with most, if not all, of the following protocols.
For on-site opportunities:
- Mandatory masks
- Observing social distancing on property
- Temperature checks upon arrival/departure
- Hand sanitizer
- Private office space away from others
- Regular sanitizing of workspace
- Limited amount of staff in building
- Reduced capacity of customers/clients in building
- Staggered volunteer shifts for capacity reduction
- Procedures in place for COVID-19 symptoms/contact training reporting
For virtual opportunities:
- Virtual volunteering available
- At-home volunteer projects available
- New volunteer descriptions provided for prior on-site opportunities
All of these procedures are reviewed with the volunteer prior to their starting with the organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About VANTAGE Aging
2279 Romiq Rd, Akron, OH 44320, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for people age 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.