Young Mothers, Inc.
Finance coordinators are responsible for coordinating all financial activities and recommending changes to the financial processes in their organization. These individuals have analytical skills to process large amounts of financial information. They create extensive reports based on their observations and analyses of financial documents. They participate in business meetings to suggest changes to the financial aspects of their organization that will increase profitability and minimize expenses. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Write correspondence, documents and communications for the finance department.
- Maintain files and information organization system, answer phones and coordinate travel.
- Create, disseminate and update reports and budgets.
- Work with vendors and payers to maintain contracts and track payments.
- Calculate and track payments, invoices, upcoming expenses and current expenses.
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Young Mothers, Inc.
- Proven experience as a financial analyst
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or related field is necessary for this position. In addition, previous years of experience in a coordinating capacity can be helpful. Financial and leadership certifications are a plus
Please visit youngmothersinc.org to learn more about our non-profit organization!
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.