Volunteer Account (CPA) for Sages & Seekers (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: CPA with experience in nonprofits needed at an organization that serves the 2 most marginalized age groups - Seniors and Teens. We have produced intergenerational programming for 10 years across the country, and need a CPA to file yearly taxes and produce a Financial Review to submit with Grant Applications
Organization Name: Sages & Seekers, Inc.
Organization Website: https://sagesandseekers.org
Mission: Launched in 2010, Sages & Seekers’ mission is to bridge generational divides within communities, while developing empathy and diminishing ageism and age related segregation. We bring students and seniors together through programs that encourage participants to share their unique lives through authentic one-on-one conversation and storytelling. In Los Angeles area public schools, local senior centers, and youth-serving agencies, Sages & Seekers’ award-winning 8-week experiential-learning program meets the needs of both generations. Sages feel more relevant through their welcomed wisdom while students willingly put down their phones and interact. The conversations that ensue remind the former of their value while providing the latter with a sense of how value can be defined. During the pandemic, we have moved our programs online to help combat the social isolation ravaging both vulnerable age groups.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check QuickBooks Online to make sure it is set up correctly for optimal reporting (for bookkeeper); file yearly taxes; produce a Financial Audit or Review required by foundations to accompany grant applications.
- Support our ED in creating a financial report for 2020
- Work with bookkeeper to make sure QB online is set-up correctly
- Prepare tax returns and other paperwork needed for the organization for 2020
- Experience with non-profit financial management
- Accounting background (preferably CPA), ideally nonprofit accounting.
- Experience in the nonprofit world is ideal
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.