Community Resource Clinic Intern
The Women's Building
The Community Resource Room (CRR) provides assistance to hundreds of visitors each year who call or visit.
The Women's Building seeking information and referrals to address a need in their life. Our free, bilingual
(English/Spanish) services provide critical access to resources for employment, housing, health care, legal services,and more. We offer information and referrals, access to technology, job search assistance, legal aid, free tax preparation, an immigrant food pantry and more.
Hours: 12 hours per week. Must be available (This position requires a 6 month minimum commitment )
Reports to: Kristen Acosta (Volunteer Coordinator) email@example.com
The Community Resource Room Intern is needed to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Community
Programs, including: providing program coordinators project assistance, information and referrals and answering phone and email inquiries. In addition, you will also attend trainings to prepare and give you tools to best assist clients and also carry throughout your career.
● Provide support to Program Coordinators and Volunteers
● Assist CRR clients over the phone in Spanish and English both for information & Referrals
● Attend and assist events at TWB when needed (with social-distance protocols)
● Provide professional and kind assistance for people of diverse backgrounds
● Check and respond to CRR email and phone calls and forward messages to appropriate staff
● Participate 2-5 hours per month on the advocacy efforts of the organization
● Set up appointments for all internal and partnership programs
● Conduct and assist with housing applications for the community
● Bachelor’s degree in progress
● Bilingual in Spanish/English
● Commitment to social justice and to The Women’s Buildings core values
● Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
● Ability to work both independently and commitment to working as part of a team
● Cultural competence and experience in working with diverse populations, including communities of color,
immigrants, LGBT communities, and persons of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, health status,
● Computer Fluency (Microsoft Word and basic Excel)
● Gain awareness of the struggles and barriers faced by marginalized populations in San Francisco and Bay
● Working at the front lines of a community programs
● Get familiar with the services and programs offered by local San Francisco non-profit organizations
● Develop public speaking abilities, build communication skills, and network with other non-profit
● Familiarize yourself with program planning and implementation; manage efficiently the space for
volunteers, clients and staff.
● Experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Drive
● Participate in social justice trainings and events
● Ideal for anyone pursuing work in the non-profit, social services sector
Rate of pay: This is a 12 hour/week internship with a $1200 stipend for 6 months.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
About The Women's Building
3543 - 18th St., #8, San Francisco, CA 94110, US
In 1979, The Women's Building made history by becoming the first women-owned community center in the nation. Twenty-one years later we're pleased to unveil the results of a two-year, $6 million renovation and seismic improvement project. Now offering several child care services, expanded programs, and additional space for community organizations and events, The Women's Building is thriving like never before. Our world-renowned mural has also been expanded, with the original Maestrapeace artists adding vibrant new art.
a Women's resource center -- see above in Mission Statement