Grant Writer (Virtual Volunteer)
AfriThrive is seeking a motivated grant writer to identify grant opportunities and develop proposals that will persuasively communicate our mission and programs to potential funders.
Founded in 2019, AfriThrive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to building vibrant and thriving African immigrant and minority families through increased access to culturally appropriate healthy foods, youth skills development and economic opportunity.
- Conduct prospect research and identify grant opportunities relevant to AfriThrive’s mission and vision
- Prioritize grants to apply for (based on grant size and due date) in collaboration with the AfriThrive development team
- Prepare grant proposals responding to funding guidelines, demonstrate strong program design, and present a compelling need for funding
- Create and manage a calendar of grant opportunities - including deadline dates and a checklist of required documents
- Maintain Gantt chart of grant applications including donors, status of application, project, grant deadline etc.
- Support timely preparation and completion of all communications and reports related to the grant process, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and stewardship activities
- Successfully understand and communicate mission and vision of company applying for the grant
- Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
- Other special projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience as a grant writer with ability to secure foundation, corporate, and private donor grants
- Ability to conduct prospect research to identify and match funding resources that meet AfriThrive’s funding needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, internal staff, volunteers, donors, executives, and funding partners
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Excel and Word; familiarity with donor database management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to establish and work collaboratively and cooperatively with the team.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com.
About AFRITHRIVE INC
1 TIVOLI LAKE CT, SILVER SPRING, MD 20906, US
To build vibrant thriving African immigrant and minority families through increased access to culturally appropriate healthy foods, youth skills development and economic opportunity.
AfriThrive Inc, founded in 2019, is based in Silver Spring, Maryland. We serve African immigrants and minority families. AfriThrive collaborates with local organizations and county governments to combat household hunger by providing culturally appropriate healthy foods. We provide economic opportunities through financial literacy training and coaching. We support the youths navigate the academic, social and economic life through mentorship and life skills building.