Fundraising Manager (Virtual Volunteer)
AfriThrive is seeking a Fundraising Manager (Volunteer) to develop and implement a sustainable non-profit fundraising plan that will generate unrestricted funding to support its mission.
Founded in 2019, AfriThrive is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to building vibrant and thriving African immigrant and minority families through increased access to culturally appropriate healthy foods, youth skills development and economic opportunity.
- Benchmark fundraising efforts of organizations like AfriThrive in collaboration with the Resource Development Director
- Develop several alternative approaches to be shared with AfriThrive senior management and Board
- Develop a brief and sustainable charitable fundraising plan based on AfriThrive’s charitable fundraising goals
- Conduct research on foundations and other potential donors and prioritize those donors
- Conduct initial outreach to potential donors and set the stage for follow up by AfriThrive’s Board President and other Board members
- Work with the Director to create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Support relationships with local companies, charitable groups, and other organizations
- Help develop communication materials and sustaining campaigns targeted to potential donors
- Ability to solicit businesses and organizations for requests for fundraising/sponsorships
- Attend all Development meetings and provide an update on activities and progress
- Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in charitable fundraising for non-profits
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and techniques
- Possess skills to work with and motivate board members and potentially other volunteers
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven, able to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit tenacity to "follow through" on tasks and goals
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Some knowledge of planning and budgeting
- Basic understanding of fundraising principles.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AFRITHRIVE INC
1 TIVOLI LAKE CT, SILVER SPRING, MD 20906, US
To build vibrant thriving African immigrant and minority families through increased access to culturally appropriate healthy foods, youth skills development and economic opportunity.
AfriThrive Inc, founded in 2019, is based in Silver Spring, Maryland. We serve African immigrants and minority families. AfriThrive collaborates with local organizations and county governments to combat household hunger by providing culturally appropriate healthy foods. We provide economic opportunities through financial literacy training and coaching. We support the youths navigate the academic, social and economic life through mentorship and life skills building.