VOLUNTEER NEEDED: Program Director - Refugees Nonprofit
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About Safeplace International: SPI’s is a fast-growing nonprofit organization whose core mission/focus is supporting grassroots organizations around the world with resources and support for doubly marginalized refugees (LGBT+, single and pregnant women and their children from the refugee community )
About The Role: SPI is looking for a volunteer to be our Program Director. The Volunteer Program Director will work collaboratively with the founder and Executive Director in building global relationships and executing a global advocacy strategy. The Volunteer Program Director will have primary responsibility for implementing SPI’s support programs for grassroots organizations around the world serving doubly marginalized refugees.
- Working in close collaboration with the Founder and Executive Director to optimize SPI impact and outcomes.
- Managing SPI's budget to ensure proper allocation of funds and adherence to all approved provisions of budget guidance.
- Implementing programs that carry out the SPI’s mission.
- Representing the SPI at virtual and in-person conferences.
- Developing and implementing communication strategy across a spectrum of media platforms
- Developing high-level partnerships with NGOs, donors and corporations
- Overseeing the implementation of SPI’s administration, programs and strategic plan.
- Quality assurance and feedback systems implementation for all SPI programs, existing program modification, and new program design
- Supervision of SPI’s volunteer team
- Leading meetings and conversations on the evolution of SPI’s approach and specific program elements for constant improvement using Human-centered design and other systems to optimize results.
- Ability to manage small teams
- Strong Communications strategy experience including implementation of PR and social media strategies
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of the organization
- Solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and communications
- Commitment to results; 'can-do’ mindset with an emphasis on accountability
- Strong motivational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deeply interested, committed and aligned with SPI’s mission
- Minimum 1 year of commitment
- Fluency in English Is required
- 2+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home or anywhere with wi-fi
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals committed to high impact global change
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions and languages
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the refugee community and it’s individuals.
To apply, please send your CV and interest to email@example.com
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities, while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
SPI was created in response to an unmet need. Countless refugees in Greece are left without safe shelter and basic services like food and guidance for their future. The most vulnerable groups of these refugees, the LGBTQI+ community and single, pregnant women are widely ignored and face added struggles and dangers. SPI’s mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.