Volunteer Senior Website Developer (Remote)
African Development Choices
We now have an exciting opportunity for a VOLUNTEERSeniorWebsite Developer with a keen eye for detail, who loves building modern and elegant websites powered by WordPress. Reporting to the Head of Digital Content, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our website, ensuring optimization for mobile devices and cross-browser compatibility.
- Develop responsive, adaptive, mobile-first website pages and features
- Ensure the website is optimised for mobile devices
- Implement changes to existing website content
- Ensure websitemeets usability and accessibility of web standards and best practices
- Workclosely with web designers to match visual design intent and to perfectsite aesthetics
- Work with UI/UX team to carry out periodicuser testing of the website and implement feedback
- Build quality assurance into yourworkflow to avoid implementation errors
- Test and improve website functionality and performance
- Put in place a robust website backup and recovery procedure
- Manage WordPress user access and permissions
- Create and maintain website documentation
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Senior Website Developer
- When applying, provide examples of websites you have developed
- A strong understanding of optimisation for mobile devices, cross-browser compatibility, responsive web design, and general web functions and standards
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Free learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to Recruitment@africandevelopmentchoices.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.