Hospice Seeking Spanish Speaking Volunteers for Deltona Area.
Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
- Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training. (*Orientation provided through Zoom during pandemic.) 4. A background check, fingerprinting, TB test and drug screening (all at no cost). 5. Must be able to drive self to see patient; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes.
Types of patient care might include:
- Conducting life review
- Providing companionship/ socialization
- Providing caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- *Providing Pet therapy (by a qualified Volunteer and certified animal)
- *Sitting vigil with actively dying patients (Vigil Volunteer)
- Performing/playing music
- Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient
- Assisting with light household chores (washing dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming, yard work)
*Special training required.
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule. For more information, please contact Sigrid Newbury, Volunteer Coordinator, at (386) 274-1004 or via email at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Kindred Hospice - Daytona Beach
1717 N Clyde Morris Blvd, Ste 130, Daytona Beach, FL 32117, US
The mission of Kindred At Home - Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
Kindred Hospice serves patients in their homes whether it be their private homes, assisted living facilities or skilled nursing facilities.