21 people are interested
Graphic Designer for Black Power Radio
ORGANIZATION: Black Power 96 Radio
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
Who we’re looking for: Graphic designers who can create images to convey the power and dynamism of Black Power voices and stories in the media.
This volunteer would be responsible to:
- Design digital and print graphics for the radio station’s regular programming and special events
- Maintain our brand and style guidelines while conveying the desired message
This volunteer would be skilled in:
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva or equivalent design tool
- Design for print or web
- Working collaboratively and setting realistic goals and deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of a supportive and inclusive team of volunteers
- Build your personal portfolio
- Receive a professional recommendation from the director
- Contribute your skills to the movement for black power / self-determination in the black community
About Black Power 96 Radio
1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33705, US
Defend the human and civil rights of the African community and end the grave disparities in health, healthcare, education and economic development.
WBPU Black Power 96.3 FM is radio by and for the black community!
This community station located in St. Petersburg, FL is a project of the non-profit African People’s Education and Defense Fund, "the baddest nonprofit on the planet"! We deliver a fresh sound featuring locally produced music and neighborhood news, as well as news and information from the Caribbean, Africa and the world.
96.3 FM stands tall as a non-commercial radio station owned and controlled by the black community of south St. Pete where 70 percent live under the poverty level and where full access to employment, housing, health care and quality education is routinely denied.
Today over 90 percent of the airwaves are controlled by six corporations - Comcast, News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner and CBS. Clear Channel alone owns more than 1000 radio stations and 80 percent of the music playlists in the U.S. are identical.
Black Power 96.3 FM addresses these disparities by serving as a hub for the training and employment of broadcast professionals, musicians and engineers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 27, 2022
- Graphic Design / Print
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Flexible, on a project-to-project basis
- Must have own computer and graphic design software.