Volunteer Communications Director
MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
**SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES STRUGGLING WITH MENTAL HEALTH CHALLENGES**
Notice: Individuals interested in applying should view all position descriptions via the website prior to applying to ensure skillset(s) are in alignment with our mission and goals. Volunteers are non-paid positions. However, MHRCET will do its best to show appreciation to those supporting our cause. Visit mhrcet.org or volunteer.mhrcet.org for more information.
The mission of Mental Health and Recovery Counseling Education and Training (MHRCET) is to provide access to quality mental health services in a comprehensive and culturally respectful manner to individuals and families. MHRCET is dedicated to improving the quality of every individual by focusing on the primary goals and objectives:
- Improving population health
- Enhancing mental health awareness
- Addressing and reducing mental health stigma
- Improving the patient experience
- Becoming a leader in the mental health industry
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Communications Director to coordinate and manage our Public Relations and Communications department. Tasks include overseeing draft and written press releases, communicating with news media outlets, responding to general inquiries directly related to past and present news articles, reviewing and editing (excludes writing) quarterly newsletter and blog content, and assists with campaign and event content development.
Personal qualities include being dynamic, energetic, collaborative, and a team member within the organization.
- Good writing experience
- Experienced in multi-tasking
- Working with and supporting diverse communities
- Confident utilizing office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Tech savvy (must be comfortable and familiar with using a computer, laptop, etc.)
- Experience in developing and executing communications strategies and plans
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Managing the Communications Department
- Oversees daily operations/volunteer staff assigned to this area
- Responds to emails in a professional manner
- Reviewing press releases, event content, etc.
- Overseeing the development of clear and concise mental health content
- Increase community awareness of MHRCET
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Organized with time management skills
- Relevant skills in exercising initiative, good judgment and sound decision-making
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Works well independently or in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability in creative campaigns
- Effectively manages multiple priorities
- Can effectively handle last minute changes and able to shift gears comfortably
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and accordingly
MHRCET strives to deliver services and support necessary to improve the quality of life for children, youth, and adults with mental illness and addictive disorders.
Applicants must have voice and video capabilities in order to conduct and follow-up with interviews.
Our vision is to improve the lives of those living with mental illness and provide emotional wellness for families.
NOTICE: Skillset, attendance, availability, and work ethics are primary placement factors at the discretion of the organization.
About MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY COUNSELING EDUCATION AND TRAINING
P.O. Box 352, COPPEROPOLIS, CA 95228, US
The mission of MHRCET is to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive unified system to enhance mental health awareness, promote individual empowerment, and increase access to treatment and services for persons living with mental illness.
MHRCET is comprised of caring, dedicated, and mission driven individuals working toward the common goal of helping those with mental and behavioral health issues. Our primary objectives are providing quality mental health services, educating the general public, engaging those in need of support, and advocating for those who are unable to advocate for themselves.