Ruff Start Rescue
We are looking for an Architect to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction. You will be involved in new building designs from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match Ruff Start Rescue’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. Architect will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Take the "brief" to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications
- Keep within budgets and timelines
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
- Proven working experience as an Architect.
- Previous experience with animal shelters or clinic construction
- Knowledge in animal welfare.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar)
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills
- BS degree in Architecture
The startup time is estimated at 3-4 hours per week. Once things are set up, the time commitment will increase during the construction period (estimated 2-3 hours per week).
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Architect" in the subject line.
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index