Board of Director Secretary
HOUSTON MASTERWORKS CHORUS INC
The Houston Masterworks Chorus founded in 1986 is seeking a board secretary to fill a two-year term on our Board of Directors.
Monthly meetings are held the second Saturday, online (in-person when possible). 10 am - 12 pm
The Secretary shall keep the minutes of the meetings of the Board of Directors in one or more books provided for that purpose; ensure that all notices are given in accordance with the provisions of these Articles and Bylaws; be custodian of the corporate records and seal (if any) of HMC; and in general perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board Chair, and/or the Board of Directors from time to time.
HMC's Board of Directors is a participating board. We contribute our time, treasure and talents.
Training is also available to those who would like nonprofit board experience.
About HOUSTON MASTERWORKS CHORUS INC
9002 CHIMNEY ROCK RD G352, HOUSTON, TX 77096, US
A choral community celebrating and connecting people through the power of music inspiring, uplifting, and educating. Performing diverse masterworks, showcasing new compositions and talent, and moving people out of their ordinary.
Attracting singers from across the globe, we invite you to make Houston Masterworks Chorus your destination.
Join us in singing, giving, and sharing our vision and mission:
The global pandemic has changed everything. The virtual world of recording is a platform linking people through the power of the human voice. We now have the ability to reach more people, to expand our audience, and to share the gift of making music together.
We welcome the challenge to use our creativity, flexibility, and here’s our plan.
- Produce virtual concerts with new singers and new partners locally, nationally and internationally
- Invite professionals to provide online education to enhance our skills and knowledge
- Partner with non-profit arts organizations such as Ad Deum Dance Company, Fort Bend Symphony Orchestra, Blinn College District Chamber Choir, Houston soloists and local composers
- We will seek out underserved communities that reflect Houston’s diverse cultures: Worthing High School, Equal Opportunity for Women in Prison Choir (EWOPTX.org), Prison Entrepreneurship Program (PEP.org)
- Develop school choral programs to seed our future
The chorus is a community of volunteers, run by volunteers with the goal of creating quality, heartfelt music. We invite you to become involved.